Easy Hints To Get A Doctorate Degree Without A Dissertation
Is it possible to get a Doctorate degree without having to spill years of blood, sweat and tears composing a dissertation? Believe it or not, there are many areas of study that do not require you to research and write a dissertation. There are a few universities (some online) that will grant you a PhD, and you will not have to complete a dissertation in your field of expertise.
While it is not easy to find a credible institution that will grant you a PhD without a dissertation, we have some ideas for where to start looking. We've started by putting together a list of suggested fields that may not require dissertations to be completed by prospective PhD candidates. These include the following:
- Psychology and some similar fields of study
- Therapists, including family and marriage counseling professionals
- Many medical degrees do not demand that students write dissertations. Prospective medical doctors must have considerable practical experience, and many years of study, but they usually are not required to put together dissertations before being allowed to practice. They must however, pass extremely difficult and lengthy exams.
- A PhD in nursing may be possible without submitting a dissertation
- Certain other areas of health care including alternative medicine, acupuncture and the like rarely require a dissertation.
- A PhD in international education.
- Law degrees may not require you to compose a dissertation. You will however be required to pass a bar exam. This may take just as much brainpower as that which is required to research and write a PhD dissertation!
The requirements for receiving a PhD in the above mentioned areas varies from institution to institution. You will have to make detailed and direct inquiries to the school that interests you to be sure you understand what will be expected of you. You may have more luck finding a dissertation-free PhD program if you search online universities.
Are You Already An Expert?
In some cases, it may be possible for you to convince your PhD supervisor and instructors that you are already very well-versed in your field. Thus it is unnecessary for you to go through the time and effort that researching and writing a dissertation requires. Have you already published books and/or articles in recognized journals? Use this as evidence that you are already an established expert in your chosen discipline, and going through the lengthy process of putting together a PhD dissertation would be redundant.