PhD dissertation writing tips: preparing an elaborate note card
Writing a PhD dissertation is difficult, but by taking advantage of some of the many tips available you can make your paper one that is far easier to write. One of those tips is to use notecards. An elaborate notecard can help you easily write notes, information and data for easy reference, and you can easily separate and prepare a great paper. But, you cannot take notes on these cards in any manner, because messy and sloppy notes can cause even more time and frustration.
Organize your Notecards
To organize your notecards, follow these instructions and you will benefit yourself greatly:
- Use one note card for each piece of information that you want to provide. Each notecard should contain only one source or citation. If you want to add something about this information you have one card in which to do it on, making things much easier.
- Arrange your notecards according to the topic. This is one of the tricks often used when writing a dissertation paper, and one that can be very beneficial and saving of your time.
- Consider using colored notecards. This can make it even easier to arrange your notes according to the topic so they are easier to find.
- Highlighters are very useful when taking notes on notecards as well. Highlight citations and other important information and save yourself time while ensuring a well-written dissertation. Choose different colors for each topic, as there are plenty of bold and bright colors that you will enjoy.
- Write legibly on each notecard. Do not get in such a hurry that you write information that you are unable to read later. Don’t assume that you will remember it either. One dissertation could contain hundreds of citations and sources, making it nearly impossible to remember everything that is written down.
The Benefits of Organized Notes
Taking notes when writing a PhD dissertation really makes it simple and easy to create your paper. Notecards are affordable and found most anywhere that you shop, and they are very easy to use, making it simple to write and record information as well as access that information, too. It is in your best interest to use notecards when you are writing your dissertation, but make sure that you don’t use just any type of note taking method. Instead focus your attention on doing things the right way and making life in college easier for you.